Monday, July 6, 2009

Enable File-sharing in windows xp

In my previous post, I have set up a workgroup on windows xp computers. In this post, I will go through a few steps to enable the simple file sharing.

Step 1, enable simple file sharing.
For winxp pro:
Double click My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> make sure "User simple file sharing [Recommended]" is checked.

Step 2, modify shared documents properties.
For winxp Home Edition:
Double Click My Computer -> Right Click Shared Documents -> Click Sharing tab -> Check "Share this folder on the network" and "Allow network users to change my files".
For winxp Professional:
Double Click My Computer -> Double Click Shared Documents -> Right Click the folders you want to share and change the Sharing properties one by one.

Now go to START -> My Network Places -> Viw workgroup computers -> Double Click the computer in your workgroup, the shared folder shows up. You can copy/paste or drag/drop files from/to that remote folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meta.ai impression

Meta.ai is released by meta yesterday, it is super fast you can generate image while typing! You can ask meta.ai to draw a cat with curvy fu...